On September 14th, 2023, sustainability professionals, operations and property managers, and winter maintenance contractors came together to deliver a half-day workshop on sustainable winter maintenance.
Below, you will find slides from the day’s presenters, a recording of the session, and links to additional resources!
Watch the Full Workshop
Watch a Specific Presentation
Business Case Studies
Seneca College by Courtney Hayes & Stewart Symmons
- Salt Management Plans
- Expectations vs. Reality of Winter Maintenance on Campus
Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) by Lorna Murison
- Assessing Liquid Brine Application
- Differences in Friction between Permeable & Asphalt Surfaces During Snow Melt
Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) by Lorna Murison
- Reducing Chloride Application with Liquid Anti-Icers (beat juice and/or salt brine)
A Contractor Perspective
Landscape Ontario by Joe Salemi
- The Contractor Perspective
- Liability & Insurance Risks
- Policy Responses
Liquids Revolution by Dion Sararus
- What are Liquid De-Icers?
- How do They Work?
- What are Common Challenges?
- What are the Benefits of Using Liquid?
Peel Region by Eleanor Gillon
- Nagivating the Smart About Salt Website
- Navigating Peel Region’s Winter Maintenance for Commercial Properties Toolkit