Helping Your Business Save Water — and Money
Rising water costs and ageing municipal infrastructure present challenges for businesses. Water efficiency upgrades can help your organization reduce its process and wastewater footprint to maximize environmental benefits and minimize costs incurred.
Partners in Project Green is developing resources and strategies to help businesses in the Greater Toronto Area discover and successfully implement water stewardship projects in their facilities. We are supported by the Region of Peel, York Region, and the City of Toronto and connected to a wide range of water efficiency experts and technology providers.
Currently, PPG is supporting local municipalities in promoting water efficiency programs for businesses. These programs are offered to businesses by the municipalities, with incentives available to help lower the capital costs required to implement water efficient upgrades.
From February 2017 to December 2018, Partners in Project Green established a Municipal Eco-Cluster working group focused on water efficiency, funded by Independent Electricity System Operator’s (IESO) Education and Capacity Building Program V4.0 funding mandate. Below is a Summary Report on this program.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR MY ORGANIZATION?
- Support in connecting you with experts and technology providers who can help you solve your organization’s process water and wastewater challenges and realize efficiencies.
- Learn from other organizations in our network that have improved their processes by installing industry best practices and innovative water efficient technologies.
- Utilize existing municipal programs, supportive incentives, and potentially reduce process water and wastewater footprints and enhance utility savings.
- Reduce your process and wastewater footprint to maximize environmental benefits and minimize costs incurred, while helping preserve our freshwater reserves. Improve Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) performance of businesses.
- Support the water and wastewater infrastructure management goals of the Greater Toronto Area municipalities.
- Receive recognition within the Greater Toronto Area sustainability community through creative project case studies, industry speaking engagements, and features in trade publications.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
1. Find the Water Efficiency Programs Available in Your Municipality
|PROGRAM||Region of Peel*||York Region||City of Toronto|
|Capacity Buyback OR
Indoor Water Assessment
|Water Smart Irrigation Professionals|
|Industrial Water Rate Program|
|Once Through Cooling Program||**|
|Water Efficiency Equipment
**Included in City of Toronto Capacity Buyback programs.
2. Select Your Location Below to Get the Applicable Fact Sheet
• Revised ICI support coming in 2022
• Get Additional Information
3. Get in Touch with Partners in Project Green
To get started, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be happy to support you in determining which program makes sense for your business and begin facilitating connections with the municipal programs of interest, industry experts, and service and technology vendors that we represent and support.