This spring, in response to COVID-19, Partners in Project Green introduced the Green Economy Webinar Series. These sessions highlight important issues and ideas in sustainable business.
The webinar series covered a range of topics, discussing emerging issues, new research, and sustainability solutions to help business and municipalities build the Greater Toronto Area’s green economy. Each event also featured an opportunity for participants to network with guest speakers and other sustainability professionals through a virtual networking room.
This year’s Green Economy Webinars focused on:
- Energy Monitoring Technologies and Resulting Cost Savings – presented by Prasath Vinayagamoorthy, Senior Energy Engineer, 3M and Tanmay Soni, Advanced Energy Analyst, 3M
- Microplastic Diversion: Sharing Two Pilot Study Successes – presented by Mark Fisher, Chief Executive Officer, Council of the Great Lakes Region, and Joe Burn, Stormwater Solutions Specialist, Enviropod
- Creating a Resilient Sustainability Strategy and Lessons from COVID-19 – presented by Scott Hendershot, Senior Manager – Sustainability, Pratt & Whitney
- Innovative Business Solutions to Combat Food Waste and Insecurity – presented by Tony Colley, Founder, B12Give and Danielle Reid, Sustainability Coordinator, Longos
- Sustainability Reporting: Escaping Acronyms and Rear-View Mirror Reports – presented by Colin Grant, Chief Commercial Officer, Figbytes
- The Business Case for Natural Infrastructure – presented by Victoria Kramkowski, Government and Community Relations Specialist, Peel/York Watersheds, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- PPG Connect: Managing the Plastics Life Cycle – Getting to Zero Plastic Waste – presented by John Coyne, Vice President, External Affairs and Sustainability, Unilever Canada, Kyla Greenham, Manager of Conservation and Environment, Toronto Zoo, and Christopher Hilkene, Chief Executive Officer, Pollution Probe
The Green Economy Webinar series will carry forward in to 2021, continuing to provide PPG’s valued stakeholders with relevant information to further their sustainability goals and initiatives.
Visit the links below to read more about PPG’s 2020 accomplishments across our performance areas: