York Region Launches Single-Use Innovation Challenge
York Region has officially launched its Single-Use Innovation Challenge, inviting non-profit organizations and social enterprises to apply for funding of up to $20,000.
Funding is available to support ideas that will engage businesses and help them reduce the use of single-use items within York Region. Eligible organizations are invited to apply before midnight, Friday, December 16, 2022.
Consideration will be given to new projects that:
- Engage businesses to educate about the value of taking action to reduce single-use items
- Increase uptake of businesses implementing ‘ask first’ policies
- Support businesses to offer reusable alternatives to single-use items
- Recognize businesses taking action to reduce single-use items
- Reduce single-use item waste generated at businesses and in residential waste streams