Are you a Small-to-Medium (SME) manufacturer looking to reduce your energy spend?
The SME Energy Management Consortium is a two-year program designed to kick your company’s energy management practices into high gear!
10 Small-to-Medium (SME) manufacturing companies will come together to:
- Follow a pathway to Strategic Energy Management excellence
- Learn from industry experts
- Share tips and experience on energy projects
This pilot program is designed to transform SME manufacturers into leaders among their peers in strategic energy management. Project co-leads Partners in Project Green and Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium will provide a pathway to success. This pathway guides participants on capturing operational efficiencies and low-hanging fruit energy savings first, and then works toward larger capital and innovative energy projects.
Participants will have access to a toolkit of resources, direct support from the project leads and a forum where they can learn from other similar-sized local manufacturers. Join this collaborative initiative and get on the fast track to success.
Is My Company Eligible?
You are eligible to apply if your company is:
- Owner-operator of at least one manufacturing facility located Peel, York, Durham or Toronto
- A Small-to-Medium Enterprise (SME) – i.e. less than 500 employees
- A Class B electricity rate customer (annual peak demand of 50kW-1MW and have not opted-in to Class A eligibility, also known as the Industrial Conservation Initative program)
- Four (4) annual meetings for Operations Energy Champions
- Two (2) annual meetings for Executive Energy Champions
- Receive a toolkit for implementing Strategic Energy Management
- Develop a Strategic Energy Plan with the support of project facilitators
- Receive of up to $15,000 toward energy monitoring equipment and energy management consulting services
- Receive the support of a co-op student from a local academic institution who specializes in industrial energy management (Optional)
Who at My Company Needs to Get Involved?
Two representatives from each participating company will be required to be engaged in regular group sessions. The sessions will be targeted at key areas of interest for those attendees’ typical roles managing energy. These representatives include:
1. Operations Energy Champion: Plant manager, chief engineer, maintenance manager, etc.
2. Executive Energy Champion: CFO, CEO, COO, etc.
What Else is Required From Me?
- Selected candidates will be required to contribute a Participation Fee of $1,500 (for two years, a total of $3,000) toward participation in the Consortium forum meetings.
- A short report summarizing the energy savings achieved will be required from each participating company at the completion of the program.
Apply Now To Participate!
The program will begin Q1 2020. Due to a limit of available funding for this pilot, a maximum of ten (10) companies will be able to participate. Candidates will be selected by a committee made up of government and utility representatives, based on a criteria that best ensures the project achieves the program goals.
Click the link below to download the Application Form. Complete and submit via email to email@example.com by 11:59:59 March 6th 2020 to be considered for the program. The application form is designed to collect high-level information about your organization and should not take more than 1-2 hours to complete. Note that a signature is required from both an Executive-level Energy Champion and an Operations-level Energy Champion, in order to demonstrate you have already engaged multiple levels of employees at your organization – the first step to creating a strong energy team! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or clarifications.
Nathaniel Magder, Program Manager
Partners in Project Green, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority(TRCA)
Scott McNeil-Smith, National Director
Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium
This project was made possible through the financial support of the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO).