Understanding the City of Toronto’s New Single-Use and Takeaway Items Bylaw
In December 2023, Toronto City Council approved a new Single-Use and Takeaway Items Bylaw that will restrict single-use and takeaway items through measures that include requiring the acceptance of reusable bags and beverage cups and distributing items in an “ask-first/by-request” manner. The goal of this webinar is to provide businesses and the public with a better understanding of the new bylaw and its impacts.
The purpose of the webinar is to:
- Outline the bylaw requirements that businesses will need to comply with as of March 1, 2024
- Answer questions from participants about what they need to do to comply with the bylaw
- Provide details on how to access information and educational resources
- Provide information on future stages of the Single-Use and Takeaway Items Reduction Strategy and how businesses and residents can provide their feedback
- Share information on the City’s new grant program – the Circular Food Innovators Fund.