Circular Economy Leaders Consortium Virtual Knowledge Session: Circular Procurement Essentials Workshop Series
On November 21 and 22, Partners in Project Green hosted a two-part workshop series in partnership with Circular Innovation Council on Circular Procurement.
Circular procurement has the power to drive self-sustaining improvements socially, economically, and environmentally, all of which underpin the circular economy. However, knowing where to start incorporating circular concepts into current procurement practices can take time and effort.
The Circular Procurement Essentials Workshop Series is an introductory-level workshop designed for procurement practitioners and those who support the procurement function of a project or those practitioners who want to better understand circular procurement and its role in advancing a circular economy. The workshop established a solid foundation of principles and concepts. It provided insight into the five business models that act as strategies to promote circularity and guided key actions to ignite the circular journey.
- Introduce circular economy concepts and its ability to deliver on broad environmental and social objectives along with price
- Recognize the effectiveness and application of circular business models to redefine and deliver value
- Understand the barriers to implementation and strategic actions to overcome them
- Learn to set ambitions that deliver on policy commitments and guide circular strategy with procurement as a key implementation tool
- Uncover circular opportunities according to key spend categories, special projects, and within value chains
- Gain insight into outcomes-based policies, requirements, and specifications to drive innovation in the market
- Initiate a unique plan to support circular procurement implementation
Stay tuned as we prepare to offer more content and collaborative opportunities around circular procurement!
Need help developing waste metrics or a zero-waste strategy? Contact Chaya Chengappa at Chaya.Chengappa@trca.ca to learn more about how the Circular Economy Leaders Consortium can help your organization.