The Material Exchange program is one of Partners in Project Green’s waste management programs, supporting the exchange of material to divert waste from landfill, reduce disposal costs for businesses and move towards a circular economy. The program allows businesses and non-profit groups to connect with Partners in Project Green staff about any material they would like to offer or receive. From there, our team will help facilitate introductions and connections between organizations to complete successful exchanges.
The Material Exchange program has successfully facilitated 33 circular economy exchanges diverting over 37,000 kg of material from landfill in 2020. Please see below for a list of some materials that were diverted so far this year:
• Hospital shower tubs
• Office furniture
• Burlap sacks
• Cotton/polyester t-shirts and fabric
• Crayons and activity books
• Display cases
If your business or organization comes across any material that you no longer have a use for, please contact Catherine Leighton, Partners in Project Green’s Program Coordinator for Waste Management at (416) 661-6600 ext. 5946 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we can do to assist. This is an added value service benefit for Partners in Project Green members and you never know what can be reused, repurposed, or recovered!
Visit the links below to read more about PPG’s 2020 accomplishments across our performance areas:
- PPG’s Green Economy Series Reaches Over 700 Participants in 7 Live Sessions
- PPC 2020: 12 weeks, 5 participating organizations, 650 environmental actions
- 2020 Water Stewardship Results
- PPG Welcomes 20 New Members in 2020
- GTA Energy Leaders Achieve $3.0 million in cost savings, avoiding 6,900 tonnes of CO2 emissions