- March 3, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
As climate change continues to increase precipitation in parts of the world, excessive storm water runoff threatens urban landscapes with an increased potential for flooding events. Blue Roofs are an inexpensive measure to address climate change derived flooding.
Learn about the benefits of Blue Roof technology, project designs, and how they can play an impactful role in water conservation and climate adaptation. Hear from engineering and architect experts on their experience with blue roof implementation and practical designs.
About the Event
Bruce Taylor, Enviro-Stewards, will present on:
- The compelling need for blue roofs
- Co-benefits of Blue Roofs (i.e., climate adaptation, flood prevention, water reuse, passive cooling )
- An overview of design considerations for passive and smart blue roof designs.
- Addressing common objections (structural, flies, etc.)
Richard Hammond, Cornerstone Architecture, will present on:
- Examples of Blue Roof Projects
- The comparison of Blue vs Green Roofs